Whew! Made it! 30 outfits in 28 days, using just 30 items. It’s over. I did it.
That being said, I have to warn you that outfit #30 is pretty lackluster, was thrown together at the last possible minute, and paired with extremely minimal hair and makeup. I’d hoped to go out with an awesome final outfit, but I slept in as long as humanly possible this morning. No food + minimal sleep + Oscar night + buckets of rain = an unusually comfortable bed on Monday morning.
The boots were a necessity this morning, I have to say, since I was pretty much wading every time I was outside. I will say that I love the mustard and plum together. One of my absolute favorite combos.
So, back to the end of the 30 for 30. I’m so glad I participated. Here’s why, in bullet form:
- It’s shown me that I have so much. I have so much more than I need. I was able to look (arguably) stylish using just 30 items from my closet, plus accessories.
- It’s taught me to be creative with accessories. I’ve learned that I can change the look of an outfit with colorful jewelry, scarves, and tights. Belts are even more essential to me now than they already were. Here is an example of creative accessory use to punch up a basic dress.
- It’s forced me to wear things in new ways, and to try combinations I never would have otherwise. Here and here are examples of pieces I wore as other pieces (dresses as tops, etc.), here is a color combination I probably would’ve shied away from otherwise, and here is some inventive layering.
- I am so excited to dive into my closet to see what’s been hiding in there for the past month. I’ve seriously been daydreaming about my clothes. I have a fun thing to go to this weekend, and today I was fantasizing about what I’m going to wear.
So there you have it! Who knows what I’ll be wearing tomorrow. What an exciting thought!
- Purple sweater, Gadzooks
- Cardigan, New York & Company via Gabriel Brothers
- Blouse, New York & Company
- Skirt, New York & Company
- Boots, Chinese Laundry
God has blessed me by giving me joy.