It’s obviously been very quiet around here. Life has been…well, life, with all its surprises.
Though you wouldn’t know it from the frequency of my posts lately, I do love having this space. Maybe I’m not cut out to be a terribly consistent blogger, but I enjoy posting and the interactions I am sometimes lucky enough to have with other bloggers. There are things in my life lately that have taken my attention away from my little corner of the internet, and to get you all nice and updated, here they are, in bullet form (because I like it):
- Daniel (my husband) is going to law school this fall! We found out earlier this year that his position was being terminated and that he had a few months to figure out what to do, and so he applied to law school, which he’d been thinking about for years, and he got in! I’m so excited for him.
- Work is crazy busy for me right now.
- I have been sewing dresses like mad, and loving every moment of it. Except, you know, those moments when I make a mistake and have to get out the seam ripper. Hopefully I can show you some of my final products soon.
- We have started riding bikes. I have started being sore.
- I have been writing some fiction.
- Like so many other lovely people out there, I have kicked shampoo to the curb. This isn’t the first time; I was briefly poo-free in early 2007 and then again last spring, but I’ve never been able to keep it up very long. I always end up using some product in my hair that I need sulfates to remove. I’m really trying this time, though. It’s been a week and a half. I’m also trying to grow out my hair and transition it back to my natural color (dark blonde).
- I’m on a mission to become as healthy as possible. I’m trying to get my diet and exercise routine straightened out, I’m trying to give up pop and other chemical-y stuff, and I’m trying to take vitamins every day like a good girl. I’m never good at sustaining such things for very long, but I’m definitely trying.
- I am nerdily being enthralled by Game of Thrones. Read the series, yo.